SWFL Real Estate Market Report 2017
• The number of closed sales year-to-date for Naples, Bonita Springs and Estero increased 9.6% year-over-year.
• Closed sales priced above $2 million increased 28.8% through June compared to the same period in 2016
During the past 12 months sales in this category are up 4% over the 12 months ending June 30, 2016 (439 vs. 422).
• Available inventory on July 1, 2017 consisted of 6,443 units, an increase of less than 3% over July 1, 2016.
This represents 6.4 months of supply based on current absorption rates.
• During the 12 months ending June 30, 2017 a total of 19,006 new listings were added to the market, a decrease
of 5% from the prior 12 months ending June 30, 2016.
Average and Median Sales Price
• Year-to-date average sales price for the area increased 4.5% to $568,663 up from $544,231 for the same period in
2016. Median closed price is approximately the same as last year at $328,500.
• Average price of sales above $2 million fell 4% over the past 12 months to $3,674,253.
10 cheap fixes to boost the value of your home
Looking for ways to spruce up your home without putting yourself in the poorhouse? Whether you’re getting ready to sell your home or want to spiff it up inexpensively for your own enjoyment, we’ve got 10 good strategies for you to consider.
The actual cost and payback for each project can vary, depending on both your home’s condition and overall real estate market values in your region of the country.
- Make your kitchen really cook.
- Give appliances a facelift.
- Buff up the bath.
- Step up your storage.
- Add a room in a week or less.
- Mind the mechanics.
- Look underfoot.
- Let there be light.
- Reframe your entry.
- Consider curb appeal.
Top 10 Cities with Most Connected Homes
Consumers are embracing connected devices for their homes, from products that allow them to take control over their home’s temperature via their smartphone to security cameras that allow them to keep watch over their home from anywhere. 69% of consumers say they plan to purchase a connected device for their home by 2019, according to a study by the Chamberlain Group.
According to Chamberlain’s research, consumers are most quickly embracing connected home technology in these cities:
2) Las Vegas
3) San Jose
9) San Diego
10) San Antonio
10 Most Generous Towns In Florida
Here Are The 10 Most Generous, Giving Towns In Florida
You might think Floridians are too busy having fun in the sun to think much about others, but Florida is actually ranked 18th of all the states when it comes to charitable donations, according to Philanthropy.com. The data given was for 2012 and broken down by metropolitan statistical areas. It says Floridians gave 3.38% of their adjusted gross incomes to charity, which translates to $11,144,250,000. But which cities in Florida gave the most?
1. Lakeland/Winter Haven
2. Sebastian/Vero Beach
5. Naples-Marco Island
6. Crestview/Fort Walton
9. Pensacola/Ferry Pass/Brent
10. Panama City/Lynn Haven/Panama City Beach
Were you surprised by this list? Did your city make the top 10?